Welcome to Intellivision Online! A dedicated Intellivision forum for classic and new Intellivision fans.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking google      

Bookmark and share the address of on your social bookmarking website

Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 189 on Sun 22 Sep 2013, 8:05 am
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

The Intellivision Forums
Statistics
We have 317 registered users
The newest registered user is fatboy71

Our users have posted a total of 3892 messages in 825 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Intellivision Forums

You are not connected. Please login or register

» Classic Gaming » The Classic Gaming Forum » Plug-n-Play Games

Plug-n-Play Games

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Plug-n-Play Games Empty Plug-n-Play Games on Sun 13 May 2012, 11:38 pm

GatorDude

Rookie
Rookie
I found my second Jaks plug-n-play gam this weekend. I got a Star Wars game with a controller shaped like Darth Vader's head. It has several built in games. One where you use a light sabre to deflect bombs in a Space Invaders style game, an Asteroids-style space shooter, and a Defender-style side scroller. I suck at the games, but the plug-n-play is well executed. It was a deal for $3.

http://thewatchdude.blogspot.com/

2Plug-n-Play Games Empty Re: Plug-n-Play Games on Mon 14 May 2012, 8:03 am

sloan

sloan
I have about 20 or so PnP's, including the Star Wars one you speak of. They also have a Star Wars one that looks like Yoda's head, and a C3P0 one as well. Never have played most of them, including those. Most of them, I pick up for $2-$4 at charity thrifts. I even have a NIB Pirates of the Caribbean I found at GW for $2 some time back.

I think my favorite PnP's are the 80's arcade ones. I love my Space Invaders one that also has Qix, Phoenix, Colony 7, and one other that escapes me at the moment.

I also love my Namco ones for Galaga and all the Pac Man versions. I especially love a game called Super Pac Man.

The most important thing I have noticed about PnP's is to be sure to take out the batteries when not playing them for extended periods, for obvious reasons. I only wish that they had a universal A/C adapter port in all of them so I could use a single power supply on all of them without having to unscrew the battery door every time I want to play.

3Plug-n-Play Games Empty Re: Plug-n-Play Games on Thu 24 May 2012, 6:55 pm

GatorDude

Rookie
Rookie
That's a good tip about the batteries for sure I ruined an el cheapo digital camera with batteries that got corroded in about six months.

4Plug-n-Play Games Empty Re: Plug-n-Play Games on Mon 18 Jun 2012, 12:52 am

GatorDude

Rookie
Rookie
I just wrote up a review of my Jakk's Pacific Pacman Plug-n-Play game. It's a pretty good little unit. It's very sturdy and has a decent array of very playable games. However, Pacman seems to run a bit fast to me. Game titles include Bosconian,Xevious, Galaxian, Galaga, New Rally-X, Pac-Man, Pac-Man Plus, Super Pacman, Pacman & Pal, Mappy, Dig-Dug, and Pole Position.

Here is the complete review: Retro Game System Review: Jakk's Pacific Pacman Plug-n-Play Unit.

5Plug-n-Play Games Empty Re: Plug-n-Play Games on Mon 18 Jun 2012, 6:55 pm

sloan

sloan
Nice review. I have that PnP, got it for Christmas of 2010.

6Plug-n-Play Games Empty Re: Plug-n-Play Games on Wed 11 Jul 2012, 10:56 pm

onthinice

onthinice
Star Fighter
Star Fighter
Nice review GatorDude!

I have a few PnP. Even the Intellivision 10 in 1 and 25 in 1. Have not even wanted to open them. Since I had most of the games for the actual Intellivision.

But I thought they were both cool so I picked them up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum