Welcome to Intellivision Online! A dedicated Intellivision forum for classic and new Intellivision fans.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking google      

Bookmark and share the address of on your social bookmarking website

Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 189 on Sun 22 Sep 2013, 8:05 am
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

The Intellivision Forums
Statistics
We have 301 registered users
The newest registered user is RalphL1498

Our users have posted a total of 3851 messages in 818 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Intellivision Forums

You are not connected. Please login or register

» Classic Gaming » The Classic Gaming Forum » King of Kong

King of Kong

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1King of Kong Empty King of Kong on Mon 14 May 2012, 11:44 am

sloan

sloan
Did you ever see this documentary? It is quite interesting, and leaves me rooting for Steve Weibe, not Billy Mitchell. This movie actually made me wish I had a DK arcade cabinet at home. After seeing the movie on a satellite channel, I actually picked up the DVD at a Blockbuster that was going out of business. Strangely, I have not ever watched it again since I bought the disc version.

Did anybody else enjoy this movie and its ability to bring back arcade memories form the 80's?

2King of Kong Empty Re: King of Kong on Tue 10 Jul 2012, 9:07 pm

onthinice

onthinice
Star Fighter
Star Fighter
Yes! Very much!

When they went into Steve Weibe's garage to check his machine when he was not home. I thought I hope he wipes Billy Mitchell's score off the books.

3King of Kong Empty Re: King of Kong on Wed 11 Jul 2012, 10:14 pm

sloan

sloan
I think that Mitchell ended up regaining the record after that movie came out, and last I heard, some Japanese guy is the current DK world record holder. I was never that good at the arcade DK, but remember playing VCS Kong for hours once I got "into the zone".

4King of Kong Empty Re: King of Kong on Wed 11 Jul 2012, 10:40 pm

onthinice

onthinice
Star Fighter
Star Fighter
Same here my quarters never lasted very long on Donkey Kong or Donkey Kong Junior.

As a kid I had King Kong first and then later Donkey Kong for the 2600 so it didn't seem like a bad game when I finally played it for the first time.

I mean it had two screens which I thought was really cool.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum