Welcome to Intellivision Online! A dedicated Intellivision forum for classic and new Intellivision fans.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking google      

Bookmark and share the address of on your social bookmarking website

Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 189 on Sun 22 Sep 2013, 8:05 am
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

The Intellivision Forums
Statistics
We have 310 registered users
The newest registered user is 55five66six

Our users have posted a total of 3859 messages in 821 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Intellivision Forums

You are not connected. Please login or register

» Classic Gaming » The Classic Gaming Forum » King of Kong

King of Kong

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1King of Kong Empty King of Kong on Mon 14 May 2012, 11:44 am

sloan

sloan
Did you ever see this documentary? It is quite interesting, and leaves me rooting for Steve Weibe, not Billy Mitchell. This movie actually made me wish I had a DK arcade cabinet at home. After seeing the movie on a satellite channel, I actually picked up the DVD at a Blockbuster that was going out of business. Strangely, I have not ever watched it again since I bought the disc version.

Did anybody else enjoy this movie and its ability to bring back arcade memories form the 80's?

2King of Kong Empty Re: King of Kong on Tue 10 Jul 2012, 9:07 pm

onthinice

onthinice
Star Fighter
Star Fighter
Yes! Very much!

When they went into Steve Weibe's garage to check his machine when he was not home. I thought I hope he wipes Billy Mitchell's score off the books.

3King of Kong Empty Re: King of Kong on Wed 11 Jul 2012, 10:14 pm

sloan

sloan
I think that Mitchell ended up regaining the record after that movie came out, and last I heard, some Japanese guy is the current DK world record holder. I was never that good at the arcade DK, but remember playing VCS Kong for hours once I got "into the zone".

4King of Kong Empty Re: King of Kong on Wed 11 Jul 2012, 10:40 pm

onthinice

onthinice
Star Fighter
Star Fighter
Same here my quarters never lasted very long on Donkey Kong or Donkey Kong Junior.

As a kid I had King Kong first and then later Donkey Kong for the 2600 so it didn't seem like a bad game when I finally played it for the first time.

I mean it had two screens which I thought was really cool.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum